All That You need to Know About SMART Goals
We are born with a specific aim in our lives. It is highly essential to know our passion and work in that particular direction to gain perfection and then success in our lives. Setting your life goal is extremely mandatory not only for achieving success but for becoming a living legend.
The secret behind getting successful is not just the amount of hard work you do but also the smart strategies you follow. Setting smart goals is highly preferable in today’s competitive era for yielding out successful outcome. The journey towards success becomes comfortable with the use of smart goals.
S.M.A.R.T is that management term which can transform your struggling unsuccessful life into an alluring life full of success.
- S: Specific
- M: Measurable
- A: Attainable
- R: Relevant
- T: Time Bound
This term emphasises on the goals you desire to be appropriate and rigid in nature. It should never be fluffed and general. The goals should have specific replies towards the 5 “Ws” i.e. ‘why’, ‘when’, ‘who’, ‘where’ and ‘which’.
The goal should always be stressed to be of measurable nature. The question of ‘how many’ and how much’ should be effectively and clearly answered by the goal you set.
You should always be practical while setting up goals i.e. the goals should be as such that you can achieve and not impossible. It should be realistic.
The goals should be in accordance with the work under your organisation. For gaining supreme success in life always chose the goal in which you can pour your heart out and the goal which is related to your passion.
The goals you desire and dream about should always have a particular deadline to be followed. The question of ‘when’ should be answered in this case. Time is precious and it can never refrain so it is best to utilise in such a way that you can bring out the best in you with the help of your passion and achieve success.
There is one more meaning of SMART in terms of technology i.e. Self Monitor Analyse and Report Technology.
How to set Smart Goals?
The process of becoming successful starts when you sit down and know your inner desires first. You need to get smart instead of just working hard. The specific goal with qualified outcome should be set up with a prior planning of the future possibilities and time based aim.
Setting up your smart goals is a very important step which is going to affect your life as a big life changing decision. The first thing you need to do is know what your heart desires the most and set up goals according to your passion.
This is a very important step. The planning of your dream goals should always be done with presence of mind. The goals should be specific which can benefit your mind, body and soul.
Avoid being General
Don’t ever use general guidelines and ideas. Always be specific when it comes to your goals. If your goal will not be in a particular direction then your outcome will obviously be fluffed.
The goals should always be clear and with no confusions. The transparency of the goals is highly important these days. You should always have clear cut vision for attaining your goals.
The presence of confidence is extremely necessary. When you are setting goals then you should always have confidence in yourself that you can achieve your goals. This is the fight half won in your mind.
You need to have an effective coach who knows all about the goal you have. Through this you will have escalating benefits as the coach will always be there to guide you in all means and circumstances.
Set Achievable Aim
The goal you are setting should not be of impossible nature, it should be attainable. The goal should always be achievable by the normal employees you got. It should not be extremely difficult and near to impossible.
Are You Working towards Smart Goal?
It is very essential and important to know in which direction you are moving and how much you have achieved. To keep the record of how far you are from your goal is extremely mandatory.
Evaluate Current Status
Go through the current situation of your company. Observe it with the status of the actual goal you have set. Then evaluate that current status that whether you are on same track with the same speed as you had set up.
Match your Plans
Go through the plans you have made before starting the work and match them with the current outcomes and then observe the final report. See whether you plan is succeeding of decreasing.
Go through the Progress Graph
The graph should be checked that in which direction your outcomes are moving. The company is making enough profits as you planned or not. This step should be done with clear mind set and perfection to know the correct result.
Assess Profits and Losses
The varied profits and losses the company has made you be put forward and the tasks should be evaluated that are they in accordance to the smart goals or not. This will surely show you the correct situation of the company.
Check the Flow of Business
The flow of business should be checked that it is in accordance to the smart goals or not. If they are then well and good and if they are not then you can improve the wrong conditions from that particular time.
You need to check the time taken to achieve certain things which you have done till now and then compare it with the smart goals you set up.
Access the Goodwill
The goodwill of the company should be seen whether it is escalating or not. The required arrangements should be done to increase it in the smart goals.
Smart Goals VS Clear Goals
People do hard work and still don’t achieve their goals. They are unable to access success and the reason behind this is not obtaining current era’s techniques. Time changes, it is never stable so we need to work on ourselves according to the changing winds in work. There are certain ways to achieve your goals successfully such as Smart Goals and Clear Goals. It is very essential to know which one is better to opt.
S.M.A.R.T Goals stand for Specific Measurable Attainable Relevant Time Bound as per the name, following these influential steps you can gain success in life and achieve your goals. These goals set rigid boundaries and give you a fixed path to follow with everything specific.
- Specific (The Goals should be fixed and transparent)
- Measurable (The outcome from the goals should be able to be measured)
- Attainable (Goals should be realistic and attainable)
- Relevant (Your goals should always be related to your passion and the work in your industry)
- Time- Based (Goals should always have a definite time bound target)
This process is advantageous but in accordance to today, there are many things that are not followed properly.
C.L.E.A.R Goals stands for Collaboration Limited Emotional Appreciable Refinable. These are the requirements of the latest business era. This modern way of setting your industrial goals have shown numerous positive results.
- Collaboration (Goals should be such which would motivate employees to work together as a team to establish the goals)
- Limited (The duration of the goals should have limits)
- Emotional (The goals should be such that would have an emotional connection with the employees i.e. work should be related to their passion)
- Appreciable (the goals of huge projects should be broken down into small ones as it will make achieving them in a quicker way)
- Refinable (the goals which you set must always be flexible enough so that it can be refinable in varied situations)
If you are unable to reach your goals then you should prefer CLEAR goals to have a permanent grasp on your success.
Smart Goals Template
A smart goal template is syntax which lets you frame the varied business tasks and goals in it. It makes the work really simple as keeping the track of all the important steps in a complex task and this issue is effectively solved by the smart goals template. Whenever you are setting a smart goal, you should make efficient use of the smart goals template for making the track record easier.
How to Achieve Smart Goals?
Achieving smart goals needs a smart mind. All you need to do is be specific in all circumstances. You need to follow one secret formula of success. It is to CREATE success i.e. nothing happens on its own, you need to take effective steps to create your life.
- Concise and Transparent
- The smart goals can be achieve if you set your goals in such a manner that it is clear in vision of its scope. The transparency should always be there so that the work become easier as well as effective.
- Realistic Methods
- The methods used and goals set up should be realistic and achievable. It should never be dreamy and impossible. You and your employees should achieve that task. The smart goals are always of realistic nature.
- Ecological Approach
- The goals should always be related your passion and should be of ecological nature. The reason is that if you will give better to the world then the better will automatically come back to you. So, it is always essential to have a overall positive outlook.
- Having an emotional connection is important in order to do better in life. Due to emotional connect the work done will always be with all your heart and anything which involves true dedication is always successful.
- Time Based
- The goals should always be set time based, so that the work done can be completed in specific time. This will make your goals of achievable nature. The time bound projects are easier to obtain and finish.
- Ending step
- The ending step should always be optimistic that the results and outcome which you will get should always be in the favour of the company. It is very important step to be followed for achieving smart goals.
Follow your Passion with hope and self belief
The best kind of success is when you are happy at your work. You should always work with all your heart and mind. This combination can arise only when the work you are doing is your passion.
The top priority of all the industries should be to set up smart goals so that they can touch the successful sky. The smart goals will give you escalating steps towards success.