Famous Quotes From William Shakespeare
England’s historic and national poet William Shakespeare was born in April 1564. Most part of William Shakespeare’s childhood and education is unknown as there are no sources to give enough evidence to the same. Born to John Shakespeare who was a leather merchant and Mary Arden who was a local landed heiress, Shakespeare is believed to have been educated in Stratford. The school was King Edward IV Grammar School where he learnt Latin and Greek.
William Shakespeare went to London to gain apprenticeship as an actor. Unfortunately, the theatres in London were shut down owing to a dangerous disease called plague. He is believed to have earned a little income from his benefactor, Henry Wriothesley.
There might be times when you are faced with some dire situations and challenges and are not sure what to do. Quitting and running away is just not a choice. In these situations, all you need is a little motivation and some pick me up words. If there is no one to encourage or support you, just take a look at these motivational quotes by Shakespeare. These would fill you up with the much needed gusto towards life.
"Ambition should be made of sterner stuff."
"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."
"Better three hours too soon than a minute too late."
"Brevity is the soul of wit."
Shakespeare Quotes about life
Life is a mixture of ups and downs, happiness and sadness, gains and losses and what not. But, there is no way one can give up on life. After all, this is the best gift given to us by the Creator of the world. So, come what may, you need to go on living your life and count your blessings every day. Here is an interesting compilation of some of the best quotes on life by master playwright William Shakespeare.
"The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together."
"And this our life, exempt from public haunt, Finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, Sermons in stones, and good in everything."
"Let life be short: else shame will be too long."
"Life is a shuttle."
"Life is as tedious as a twice-told tale, Vexing the dull ear of a drowsy man."
Shakespeare Quotes about Education
Every person has his or her own perception about education. However, all said and done, education is what forms the foundation to the characteristics and mannerisms of a person. It need not always be bookish knowledge. Education is more than that. But, it definitely has a way of improving the entire outlook of a person. Take a look at what William Shakespeare has to say about education.
"I have lived fourscore years and upward; I never heard a man of his place, gravity, and learning, so wide of his own respect."
"I can easier teach twenty what were good to be done, than be one of the twenty to follow my own teaching."
"All scholars, lawyers, courtiers, gentlemen, They call false caterpillars and intend their death."
Shakespeare Quotes about Success
The road to success has never been easy. It is strewn with challenges and hurdles. But, only the one who does not give up strives to succeed, makes it to the destination. Sometimes, a little motivation is all that one needs to keep going and putting in one’s best. Here are some quotes about success by the great William Shakespeare that will motivate you to keep trying till you achieve success.
"Go wisely and slowly. Those who rush, stumble and fall."
"Strong reasons make strong actions."
"Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing."
"To do a great right do a little wrong."
"Women may fall when there's no strength in men."
"Things done well and with a care, exempt themselves from fear."
"Speak low, if you speak love."
" An overflow of good converts to bad. "
"Fishes live in the sea, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones."
"God has given you one face, and you make yourself another."
"Hell is empty and all the devils are here."
"If music be the food of love, play on."
"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."
"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves."
"Listen to many, speak to a few."
"Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt."
"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."
"Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven."
William Shakespeare wrote his first few poems during this time. Although this famous personality was regarded as one of the chief dramatists during this time, William Shakespeare went on to be better acknowledged as the leading poet of all ages. Keeping his acting career alive, he continued to pursue his dreams to become a poet.
His sonnets are remembered even today and they are acknowledged in the schools. Some of the famous sonnets and poems of William Shakespeare are now included in the primary school syllabi. Fame did not come to the famous poet easily. The indefinite struggle period he faced since the time he began his career is worth mentioning.
Shakespeare raised his two daughters along with his wife in the midst of adversities. Death of a twin brother of his second child brought a lot of misery to the couple. In spite of heavy debts and property losses, William Shakespeare became famous due to sheer will power and hard work.
Now, all of Shakespeare’s novels are called classics. He wrote about 38 plays and 154 sonnets. There are films and plays rendered keeping his works as an inspiration. Some of his famous works include The Hamlet, As You Like It, Othello, The Comedy Of Errors, Merchant Of Venice etc., among many others.
10 Lesser Known Facts about William Shakespeare
Born on April 23rd, 1564 in Stratford – on – Avon, William Shakespeare is known for the beautiful poetries and the fascinating plays written by him. He is known as the Bard of Avon and even, England’s national poet, thanks to the global recognition that he brought to his hometown and country. His works include 154 sonnets, 38 plays and long poems.
1. Though it is believed that Shakespeare was born on April 23rd, 1564 and was baptized on April 26th, 1564, there are sources that indicate that this could be wrong. Shakespeare was born under the Julian calendar where the date might have been April 23rd. However, if you take into account the modern Gregorian calendar, the date should be May 3rd.
2. At the age of 18, William Shakespeare married a woman who was 8 years older to him and was three months pregnant, which was considered to be quite controversial in those days.
3. Shakespeare never spelled his name correctly. This, in spite of the fact that he was an English writer and a great conversationalist with a vast vocabulary. Close to 80 different spelling have been found in the archives, all of which are believed to have been coined by him.
4. Based on the findings of Literary Encyclopedia, Shakespeare’s quotes are the second most quoted following close behind the quotes of Holy Bible.
5. Close to 3,000 words of English language have been introduced by William Shakespeare.
6. Shakespeare never made any efforts to publish his remarkable plays. These were published after his death by his co-actors, Henry Condell and John Hemminges.
7. The works of William Shakespeare have been translated into 80 different languages including a lesser known language called Klingon.
8. There is no documentation of a play called “The History of Cardenio” which was written and staged during the Shakespearean era.
9. In spite of all the accolades that his works have won, the contemporary writers of his times were not really impressed by Shakespeare’s writings.
10. Compared to the other artists of the era, Shakespeare had a large property to his credit at the time of his death.
Want to Be Successful?
Learn Secrets from People Who Already Made It
Please enter valid Email
Richest People in Romania
Luxury Candle Brands
Most Expensive Audiophile Headphones
Suresh Raina: India's Most Responsible Pair of Hands
Relationship Forgiveness Quotes
Nike, Inc. SuccessStory
Separation Solutions: Effective Ways to Deal With a Close Coworker Leaving for Another Job
Top 10 Necktie Brands in the World
Happy Inspirational Thoughts for Monday Mornings
Reliance Jio Story