A to Z Stress Management Mantras
Stress is an indelible part of our life. The ever increasing work pressure, numerous household responsibilities and day-to-day tensions exasperates our stress level.
The only escape to a blissful and serene life is by mastering the art of stress management. As per an old saying, “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf”. Follow these A to Z stress management mantras to have a “happily ever after” life.
- Accept that there are events you cannot control. The more you try to control them, the more it controls you. Free yourself, and let things take their own natural course.
- Believe in yourself. Even in the midst of stressful moments, you need to maintain the confidence and conviction that you can deal with tough times.
- Consult with your friends and family. They are our life’s support system. When you are stressed, talk to them and vent your emotions.
- Don’t run from your problems. Running away from your problems only increases the distance from the solution. So the only easiest way is to face the situation, solve the problem and emerge as a winner.
- Exercise regularly. Though exercise is a form of physical stress but it has great power to relieve mental stress. The National Heart, Lung and Blood Association endorse exercise as a way to reduce stress, and recommends cardiovascular exercise three to four times a week.
- Focus on first things first. This approach helps in prioritizing work and achieving a balance in your life.
- Get up early to feel energized and motivated. Various studies have shown that morning people exhibit character traits like optimism, being agreeable, satisfaction and conscientiousness.
- Healthy eating is a key to a healthy lifestyle. Someone with a healthy and balanced diet is likely to be far less stressed than someone with a poor diet.
- Identify the sources of your stress. Effective stress management involves identifying and managing your stressors.
- Just learn to say No. At times we are often obligated to say “yes”. However, doing so will make you more stressed and overwhelmed. Be clear about your limits, and stop trying to please everyone all the time.
- Keep a smile to retain your inner strength. Smile lifts up your mood and signals your brain that everything is ok.
- Let your hobbies take the driving seat of your life. Hobbies play a pivotal role in steering the path of your life.
- Manage your time wisely to reduce stress. If you do not manage your time, you keep running a wild goose chase.
- Never compare or underrate yourself. Someone rightly quoted, “I am too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener”
- Opt for small-unanticipated breaks from your monotonous schedule. Go for a brisk walk or a long drive or cook something special.
- Positivity is power. Be powerful.
- Quit bad habits. Don’t rely on alcohol, smoke or too much caffeine to fight stress.
- Relax and take some deep breath. Deep breathing exercise is one of the best stress reliever.
- Sleep experts say that a sound sleep helps your body to be in tune with the earth’s circadian rhythms, which offers more resistance in your body.
- To-do list is the mantra. It helps you to organize your day. Organizing your day is a step to organizing your life.
- Understand that Life is all about moving. Being stagnant is being dead, so mold yourself with situation and time.
- Visualize yourself winning because the state of your life is governed by the state of your mind.
- Water your body. Experts say that if you are dehydrated, your body's level of cortisol, a stress hormone, increases. So, keep sipping water at regular intervals.
- Xpress! Let your feelings out. It is always advisable to share your feelings, opinions, or beliefs, instead of becoming angry, defensive, or passive. Share your pain as well as happiness.
- Yoga is a mind-body practice that relieves strength. It is like the food for your soul.
- Zest for life. Living life with a sense of excitement and energy works wonders in overcoming hurdles of life.
To sum up, cherish every small moment in your life. Stop focusing on how stressed you are and remember how blessed you are. Each day is a new beginning and each day is a blank page in the diary of your life. It brings a choice to practice stress or to practice peace. The choice is yours!
Importance of Time Management in Workplace
How to Use Time Management Skills to Increase Productivity?
How to Outline Your Project Properly to Improve Project Management Skills