Luxury Castle Spa Hotels in Scotland
All around the World, historic manors and defensive castles have been transformed into some of the planet’s best hospitality venues. Even just a one night stay in any of these lavish Castle Hotels will make you feel like the royals and barons who once called them home.
Each grand estate offers something a little unique making them all worth consideration that next time you truly want to sleep like a King. Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella got to sleep in castles and now you can turn those fairy tales into your own reality by staying in a Castle Hotel. The Castles of Scotland are very famous as such retreats.
1. Skibi Castle ( Dornoch , Scotland ) - $1,500 per person per night
Since being turned into an exclusive hotel resort, the giant castle has become a hot bed of the rich and famous. Wedding receptions for Madonna and Guy Ritchie in 2000 as racing driver Dario Franchitti and actress Ashley Judd both took place here.
2. Culzean Castle ( Maybole, Scotland ) - $375 per night per suite
The amazing sea-side Culzean Castle clings to a cliff in the Scottish countryside. It was built in 1870 and served as the home for the Earl of Inchcape. Since being turned into a hotel in 2000, Glenapp has earned the very rare Relais & Châteaux award status. It is closed January-March each year.
3. Aldourie Castle ( Loch Ness, Scotland ) – 4 Cottages $1600 per week.
Aldourie Castle is less than five miles from Inverness, the capital of the Scottish Highlands. The 500 acre estate has been used as a sporting retreat for hundreds of years. After serving as a stately home, the castle was turned into a high end resort hotel with activities catering to the rich and famous. It was built in 1862 and has hosted Queen Victoria, Charlie Chaplin and the entire cast of Harry Potter while filming.
4. Dalhousie House ( Edinburgh, Scotland ) - $500 for large suites
The new castle was built on the original foundation to resemble nearby Dirleton Castle, which is now in ruins. While the large drum tower looks like it would have been built for defense it was actually a water tower for the estate complete with a live well.
5. Glengorm Castle ( Isle of Mull, Scotland ) - $2,500 a night
6. Winton House ( Longniddry, Scotland ) - $2,100 per weekend and $3,000 per week
7. Kinnettles Castle ( Dundee , Scotland ) – $250 per night for a Double room
8. Ackergill Tower $550 per room per night
9. Amhuinnsuidhe Castle ( Isle of Harris, Scotland )
10. Barcaldine Castle - $350
Castles , the historical palaces with histories not too far away , a place the Rich of today can live like the Monarchs of yesteryears.